sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] haskell-devel section

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Alexander Tsamutali" <astsmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] haskell-devel section
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:13:34 +0500

2007/8/9, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
> Maybe just call it haskell, similar to perl-cpan, php-pear, java, etc.
> So yes, you may. :)

Hmm... Our section names related to specific PL's are somewhat inconsistent:

* java
* perl-cpan
* php-pear
* python-devel

I'm planning to call new section just "haskell".

The another question is how to call spells. Names of many packages
from HackageDB conflict with standard unix names and other projects
[0]:

* tar
* time
* exif
* OpenGL
* X11
* SDL
* OpenAL

I have two proposals:

* We can rename every spell prefixing it with some string, for ex.:
hs-opengl or libhs-opengl. * We can rename only spells which we feel
may have conflicting names.

Personally i like the first. So what do you think?

[0] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html

--
Alexander Tsamutali