sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:21:30 +0200

Am Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:08:18 +0200
schrieb "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:

> Because using the filesystem works much better than any config :)
> And I have yet to see a way to define where to search for plugins(even in
> about:config)

Well, konqueror lets you manage a list of search directories for that.
Hm, Opera, too.

> or have seen the ability to disable some(except or so I've
> heard with an extra extension in firefox only).

There I am indeed surprised that I don't find that possibility in my browsers.
Only a global disable for both Konq and Op.
That's lame... what if you habe plugins concurring for the same content?
Whatever... I don't like browser plugins anyway (but I like KDE kparts for
pdf, ps, dvi viewing;-).

> The filesystem works with
> everything :)

Well, if the browsers are too braindead...

Thomas, who hands over the word to ppl. who actually are into plugins.