sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Elisamuel Resto <ryuji AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:37:26 -0400

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:47:30 +0200, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik"
<ruskie AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
> I've noticed in the current gnash spell that we don't actually
> install the gnash plugin into some global dir where it would be
> always available only into the browsers own plugin dir. I would
> propose the following...
>
> All ns-compatible-plugins would install the plugin into:
> /usr/libexec/ns-compat-plugins/
>
> And then only symlinks would be pulled from that to the browser
> plugin dirs.
>
> And the browser spells could then check those dirs and ask what
> plugins one would like to include...
<snip>

I would think something like /usr/share/nsplugins as a common path, and
the browsers (iirc, Firefox and Mozilla can be told at compile time
about such folder to look for plugins at runtime) to be pointed to such
directories. That way one does not have to create symlinks to every new
browser one installs after that spell that uses those plugins.

--
Elisamuel Resto <ryuji AT mages.ath.cx>
Source Mage GNU/Linux / http://sourcemage.org