sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Adding more required packages to the stable release process

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Adding more required packages to the stable release process
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:03:08 -0500

Eric Sandall wrote:
Whether or not they are "important" (which I agree some are not) I added
them as they are on the ISO. My goal, at this time, is to get all of the
packages installed (and installable) from the ISO to match our stable
criteria.

If we care to update the optional-list, or may obtain what will be in
the optional-list for the next stable ISO, then I would accept that in
lieu of the current optional-list. ;)

Lets operate in the opposite direction. More is happening on the grimoire than on the ISO. Let's pick what we want to support starting from nothing, and we'll get that onto the ISO. I feel that is a much better way to do it. And we'll get the same end result and we'll both be happy :)

Sound good?

David