sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] dispel of optional dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] dispel of optional dependencies
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:14:12 +0200

On Wednesday 18 of April 2007 14:09:06 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> if spell A has a optional dependency on B, and a TRIGGER
> 'on_dispel B check_self'
>
> the dispel of B then finds problems with A, and tries to recast both B and
> A.
>
> Is there anyway to remove or change the optional dependency so that
> cast_self does not try to recast B?
check_self (cleanse --nofix_quick A || cast A) found the spell A broken, so
it
recast it, pulling B along.

Perhaps check_self should have special logic for on_dispel. Switching
optional
dependencies off is certainly doable. I see one problem though: if A was
broken before B was dispelled, cleanse would fail and this new logic would
switch B off regardless of it being the culprit or not.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org