sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Nag email about getting ledger into Source Mage's Git Repo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Nag email about getting ledger into Source Mage's Git Repo
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:46:25 -0700

Anything officially supported by the project (as in associated
directly with a sourcemage.org alias, as in this case) must be free
software. I don't mind if he hosts it, but if it's not in our
SCM, we don't know what will happen if his server disappears from the
web one day. Furthermore, our social contract is explicit that direct
contributions will be free. Either this is a direct contribution or
just a member's contribution. I think we need to treat direct
contributions with a higher profile than those that are indirect. The
official links promoting the project, for example, imply a direct
contribution. If it's not completely free, then, perhaps it should be
moved to z-rejected for those that desire ethical purity. ;)

Seth