sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead Vote 2007

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead Vote 2007
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:37:04 +0100

On Thursday 08 of March 2007 12:50:25 George Sherwood wrote:
> I believe that our bugzilla at this time has become nearly unusable.
> It is my opinion that all the bugs need to be scrubbed and closed
> ruthlessly due to their age and in ability to be reproduced. I don't
> feel that bugzilla in its current state is useful to any one, be it a
> developer or user. Currently there are very few active section
> maintainers. For the most part it is not useful to have bugs assigned
> to any one or any section. I think all bugs should be sent to the
> mailing list and let people fix the ones from the list that they fell
> then can. But most importantly the number of bugs needs to be reduced
> to some level that is workable and this is going mostly likely include
> closing old bugs in large numbers.
Cheer up, the situation is a lot better. With the new stable realease, focus
and shorter cycle, there are almost no more problems with bugzilla flags.
At the worst point in time (not too long ago), our open bug count almost went
over 1900, but now it is under 1300 and slowly dropping (grimoire related is
about 1000)! I also have ~100 old bugs still to triage, so expect the count
to drop slightly even more and the quickfix list to grow (currently at 90).

I doubt there is much we could mass close. Sure, if you can't reproduce it,
close it as worksforme, but a lot of the bugs found are still valid. Some
things just don't get touched in years.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org