sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] giving up kde maintainership

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] giving up kde maintainership
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:38:26 +0200

You've all probably noticed I haven't been as active lately as before. After
got a job as IT consultant 3+ months ago I've had to face the limiting
effects of the 24-hour earth day. On top of that I have a girlfriend who
demands attention, two dogs to take care of, music composition and C
programming ambitions, and a physical life support container to keep healthy.

I'm glad to say this isn't a resignation letter; it's been sad to see so many
of those lately on this ML. But I do feel that I need to step down as the KDE
sections' maintainer. I simply don't have the time to concentrate on
something that big. I'll remove myself from the MAINTAINER files today.

You'll probably continue to see my footprint in the audio sections, which is
the niche of Linux activity I'm most interested in personally. I'll also
continue to help with stable releases by shepherding a spell or two each
cycle, and I'll keep reading the mailing lists.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]