sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 23:31:24 +0200

On Saturday 16 December 2006 23:24, Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
<snip>
> Personaly I don't see a problem with approach 1)
> Dependency tracking in dispel is still optional and I'm guessing it'll
> remain that way for a long time.
>
> But I think one idea I've heard a while ago would be simply a function that
> wraps multiple depends into a single multi_depends. that way something
> like:
>
> multi_optional_depends foo bar baz "--whavere-enable" "--whatever-disable"
> "What does it do"
>
> Might not have the parameters in the same order but still I find this to be
> more or less the way to go...
>
> The problem is that sorcery would need to understand that if any of the
> multi_optional_depends spell fails that option is disabled.
>
> I think this would be more with what we have. Personaly I can't stand
> profile spells.

I suggested that one a while back. It would indeed be very nice to have
something like it. But the idea also got criticised for being difficult to
implement (correct me if I remember that wrong). Sorcery would probably need
to handle a thing or two for it to work, but IANASD (I Am Not A Sorcery
Devel :))

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]