sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of gcc 4.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of gcc 4.1
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:47:29 -0800

Regarding the comparison between opensuse and sourcemage's gcc versions:

Binary distros don't need to "test" their gcc is thoroughly as we have to
given that every package needs to be compiled.

If a package from a binary distro has issues with one gcc they can use
a different gcc for just that package and nobody will notice.