sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] depending on xorg-modular

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] depending on xorg-modular
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:36:07 +0200

Juuso Alasuutari wrote :

> My opinion is to treat beryl as WIP for now, and clearly indicate (in spell
> messages etc.) that playing with it needs special wizardry (going through
> the
> trouble of installing xorg-modular from a non-standard location).
>
> So I guess that would mean putting beryl and frends in xorg-modular until
> things move forward. Not a bad option at all, imho.
>
> And while we're discussin xorg-modular, I got the idea that I should write
> a "xorg-scraper" that parses the X.Org ftp dirs and points out where
> xorg-modular is lacking up-to-date spells. I'll do something about it today
> already, we'll see what comes out of this. Also there are some things in
> xorg-modular that I'm going to touch. It's not too far away from possible
> integration to test if all goes well.

Integration to test depends on how much braindamage 7.2 introduces... if
it'll be like 7.0 -> 7.1 it'll take a while to sort it.

Wee I had the same idea to write a scraper... And since their primary
distribution site is xorg.freedesktop.org/pub/individual/... :)

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461