sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches in spells
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:40:37 +0200

Le lundi 28 août 2006 à 19:33 +0200, Arwed von Merkatz a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:39:21AM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Due to recent comments in sm-commits, I would like to bring back the
> > discussion about patches in grimoire we had in may.
> > I have been indeed asked several informations (origin of the patches,
> > authors, etc...) about some patches I've committed some day ago, and
> > this highlights imho the lack of consistency in the use of patches.
> > HISTORY can't contain all these informations, so we do need to do
> > something about that.
> > Therefore I would like to start a wiki page to sum up what we discussed
> > earlier, and then we could end this discussion. Everybody agrees on the
> > need of a better handling of patches ?
>
> Agreed.
> Maybe start with just defining a few information comments that should be
> put in all new patches that outline exactly the stuff you were asked,
> like origin, author, applied upstream, ...

Done there [0]

I tried to sum up all the discussion, but it is possible I forgot
something. Obviously, feel free to modify/comment, etc...

[0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Grimoire_Patches
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be