sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] multiple depends in one line

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] multiple depends in one line
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:39:29 +0200

Am Friday 18 August 2006 09:40 schrieb Juuso Alasuutari:

> Summary so far: cast works. What doesn't is storing depends info, and
> that makes at least dispel, gaze, and cleanse uncooperative.

So it is a bug.

<philosophy>
Cool thing in programming is that you can change the language in which you
are stating the solution, i.e. define a function which groups parameters
which belong together to make the source readable and clutter free.

Cool thing in fixed formats on the other hand is that you don't redefine
stuff. Read the specs and you can use automatic refactoring without
hesitating.
</philosophy>

I personally think that as many spell filetypes should be as fixed as
possible. But: It is indeed nice to have a concise format like putting a
series of depends into a single statement, just like you discovered.

It seems like DEPENDS is indeed meant to contain code (please correct me on
this one) so you could just write a wrapper function which does the right
thing...

BTW: Did someone here refactoring of the DEPENDS? Are we better off
considering DEPENDS as a fixed format?

Regards
- Robert Figura

--
/* mandlsig.c v0.23 (c) by Robert Figura <rfigura AT metabit.com> */
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,\nm>cot.bitamea\