sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] multiple depends in one line

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] multiple depends in one line
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:40:13 +0300

Summary so far: cast works. What doesn't is storing depends info, and that
makes at least dispel, gaze, and cleanse uncooperative.

I cast my test ams spell with this line:

optional_depends "cmt mcp-plugins rev-plugins swh-plugins vco-plugins" \
"" "" "to install example sound patches"

Everything went fine during cast, but things in INSTALL didn't work. I had in
there 'if is_depends_enabled $SPELL cmt; then', which failed. That was
because the line in /var/state/sorcery/depends is indeed:

ams:cmt mcp-plugins rev-plugins swh-plugins vco-plugins:on:optional::

After changing the line in install to 'if is_depends_enabled $SPELL "cmt
mcp-plugins rev-plugins swh-plugins vco-plugins"; then' the examples
installed properly.

'dispel --user-deps' doesn't prompt about recasting ams when I dispel one or
all of the plugin spells.

'gaze dependencies ams 2' displays this:
cmt mcp-plugins rev-plugins swh-plugins vco-plugins (optional)

'gaze depends <plugin spell>' doesn't work.

'cleanse --nofix ams' doesn't recognize when one of the plugin spells is
missing.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]