sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] bugzilla woes: flags

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] bugzilla woes: flags
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:49:10 +0200

We have flags for grimoire QA purposes (and others) and bugzilla's advanced
search form gives the impression of being competent to deal with them.
However, it could be just me, but it doesn't show the right results when
checking more than one flag.

I'd like to know a few simple stats:
1. how many not fixed quickfix+ (useful for new people or that /quick
fix/) ...
2. how many fixed in lesser branch and waiting for gatekeepers (useful to
annoy the gatekeepers) ...
3. how many fixed in lesser branch, approved for integration and not done
(useful to annoy anyone with access)
... bugs are there

These would nicely show the state of our QA process and where it could be
improved. From my experience we lack gatekeepers or them doing gatekeeping
more regularly and people to integrate things down once they are approved or
them searching for such bugs (shouldn't these be a priority?).
Or we should just release more often (one month since last release now).

Examples:
0.0 searced by setting flag equals quickfix+
103 bugs found
randomly picking a few shows it probably does the right thing

0.1 searced by setting flag equals fixed in lesser branch+
221 bugs found
randomly picking a few shows it probably does the right thing

0.2 searced by setting flag not equals fixed in lesser branch+
128 bugs found
randomly picking a few shows it probably does the right thing. Wierd number.

0.3 searced by setting flag equals fixed in lesser branch-
1874 bugs found - all the bugs there is. Wierd number.

1. 0 searced by setting flag equals quickfix+ AND flag not equals fixed in
lesser branch+
103 bugs found
looks like the same list as under 0.0 #12930 confirms a problem.

1.1 searced by setting flag equals quickfix+ AND flag not equals "fixed in
lesser branch"+
103 bugs found
looks like the same list as under 0.0 #12930 confirms a problem.

1.2 searced by setting flag equals quickfix+ AND flag not equals branch+
103 bugs found
looks like the same list as under 0.0 #12930 confirms a problem.
Also tried with the order reversed.

1. 3 searced by setting flag equals quickfix+ AND flag not equals fixed in
lesser branch
103 bugs found
looks like the same list as under 0.0 #12930 confirms a problem.

... so I didn't even bother with the others. The few bugzilla docs that I've
found don't mention searching. Help.

In other news, dkowis wrote a long proposal about bugzilla on the wiki
(currently down here).

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon