sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git decision

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git decision
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:03:16 -0700

On Monday 31 July 2006 11:33, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
[ s n i p ]

> For misc I'm essentially converting things to git repos as people ask for
> them, since there's a lot of dead weight in there and it's not clear who
> owns what as things have moved around. If someone can give a clear
> authoritative mapping of things in there to where they should end up (or if
> they're still used) I'll go with that, but when I asked before I only got a
> few scattered replies. In any case there doesn't seem to be harm in
> converting them as they're needed, it doesn't take long to do.

[ s n i p ]

I've gone back through the e-mails and added comments and authors for each
item which was mentioned. Hopefully I didn't put any words into anybody's
mouths, but I merely copied and pasted from the archive.

archspecs: Should be separate (Andraž Levstik)
chrootgen: should be its own repository (Andrew Stitt)
contrib:
convert2smgl: This can go in misc, it is only a helper script that is
nowhere
near finished. (Eric Sandall)
doc:
enthrall: should be separate (Andraž Levstik)
installward: ignore (Andrew Stitt)
ircbots: under a general misc (Andraž Levstik)
prometheus: already imported to git (Jeremy Blosser)
quill: already imported to git (Jeremy Blosser)
scripts: General misc (Andraž Levstik)
zengarden: ignore (Andrew Stitt)

As for my comments, the stuff in doc should be on the Web site somewhere.
I'll
check later today or tomorrow to make sure and if not, add them. Even though
I have no code in scripts, I would like to keep what is there as I think
there could be quite a few nuggets that would be a shame to lose. The only
thing in contrib is a copy of Installwatch 0.6.2, so that can probably safely
go away.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.