sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git decision

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git decision
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:33:19 -0500

On Jul 31, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> Here are the next steps to do for the final switch:
> - we need our current main repository merged with the perforce import.
> Jeremy is trying to get that done soon afaik.

Yes.

> - some of the auxiliary repositories like xorg-modular, misc and stuff
> need to get their own git repos.

Based on our previous discussions xorg-modular is a branch in the new git
repo for the regular grimoire. Do you want it standalone instead now?

For misc I'm essentially converting things to git repos as people ask for
them, since there's a lot of dead weight in there and it's not clear who
owns what as things have moved around. If someone can give a clear
authoritative mapping of things in there to where they should end up (or if
they're still used) I'll go with that, but when I asked before I only got a
few scattered replies. In any case there doesn't seem to be harm in
converting them as they're needed, it doesn't take long to do.