sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery scm changes

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery scm changes
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:22:27 -0700

This is mostly a FYI and wont effect anyone who isn't already aware of this.

The sorcery team is now evaluating git as a perforce scm replacement. Bzr
was previously being evaluated. Since sorcery is a single component we
pretty much have to serialize and evaluate things wholesale. So this
transition is not implying that we're dropping bzr in favor of git.

Those of you who track sorcery straight out of the scm will probably
have noticed the transition already as the de-facto sorcery scm url no
longer hosts bzr content.

Like bzr we'll stick with git for at least a month, and hopefully through
a minor stable release to give it the full workout.

-Andrew

  • [SM-Discuss] sorcery scm changes, Andrew Stitt, 05/28/2006