sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire still going through testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire still going through testing
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 13:41:52 -0700

76 installed (base prometheus install)
1415 winner (known good)
271 skipped (skipped because dependency in loser list or installed list)
471 loser (failed)
1986 uncast (not tested yet)
=====
4295 total

We're now over half way through, so I can give some reasonable estimates:

20% failure rate
>10% skipped as a result of failed dependencies

70% pass rate

The vast majority of these failures are in rarely-or-never cast spells,
but that can be a self-fulfilling prophesy itself, so we should make
some effort to fix these bugs anyways, although not for this round of
testing.

A preliminary weight of spells cast according to ledger:

winners: 32065
losers: 3508
skipped: 1507
uncast: 8724
total: 45804

86% of spells cast weighted to actual use are successful

So we can expect 1 in 7 new casts by popularity (not including spell
updates) to fail so far. This will change as the low-priority uncast
spells get cast and add to the winners and losers lists. This is partly
self-selecting, so we don't know of failures where people gave up and
didn't get them fixed so they didn't show up on the ledger.

Seth

  • [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire still going through testing, seth, 05/28/2006