sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:33:52 -0500

On Apr 30, Robin Cook [rcook AT wyrms.net] wrote:
> I seem to have been bit by this this morning. Both p3pilot and I were
> working on the same spell and he submitted first and it wouldn't let me
> push. So I pulled but must have done something wrong. Got things so
> messed up had to wipe it an re-clone it. Does git have a way to notify
> others that you are working on a spell?

As far as I know it's like any concurrent scm, so no there's probably not a
way outside of email to tell people you're going to work on something.
I'll look into it though.

If your working copy gets messed up and your repository files are still
clean you don't have to reclone, you can use 'git checkout -f <branch>' to
get back to the clean working copy.