sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] confmeld options suggestions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] confmeld options suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:43:11 +0200

I'd like to see everything we have now and another merging option.
I'd like the diffs of vanilla old config files and user changed old config
files to be available for application over the new config file. The idea is,
that if a config file changes incompatibly, you can't just use your old
config, but re-setting the new one can be tedious. That patch would give a
third, middle solution.
I guess this can be discarded if you plan to make a really intricate merging
tool.

Will confmeld be separated from the cast process?