sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] confmeld options suggestions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] confmeld options suggestions
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:14:42 -0800

A little back ground of how stage root with config files are going to
work. With stage root enabled the install of the spell is actually
going to a staged directory (going to be
$BUILD_DIRECTORY/stage-$SPELL-$VERSION). So sorcery is then going to
install the spell to the real system and stage the config files that
already exist in the system to a config stage root (yeah double
stageing but it's nessisary for config files).

So what I'd like is some suggestions as to some options for a new
script file that is going to meld the staged config files into the
system.

Some of the things I have been thinking of maybe similar options to
resolving conflicts that p4 uses, -d for diff, -t for trample. Not
sure about the other options like -a -s -m cause that involves
breaking up a diff to parts then trying to apply the sub parts.

But any other suggestions would be helpful.

- David Brown