sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [SM-Users] [Cauldron] - 0.9.6 x86 ISO in rc1 - PPC coming soon

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [SM-Users] [Cauldron] - 0.9.6 x86 ISO in rc1 - PPC coming soon
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:47:35 +0100

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/iso/x86/0.9.6/smgl-0.9.6-i486-rc1.iso.bz2

This needs to be tested. I've booted it and tested it in Xen, but that
is not a real install, it assures the functionality of the installer
itself, but not whether it will boot in a real computer. We need tests
of this.

Just installed it and tested (only lightly, just "cast mc" after reboot). Seems it works like a charm.
Good work.

Some comments:
1)
I like mount points you added. Is possible to add "/var/spool/sorcery" (sources; the only one I really use)?
2)
The possibility to add new user is great. :-)
IMHO, the default group should be named identically to login (lace:lace). Now it uses "users" by default.
3)
The time in /etc/sourcemage-release is shifted one hour ahead (problem local time versus GMT/UTC time).
This box uses local time (Linux together with Windows).
After reboot "date" prints 18:00 (my local time, CET) and there is 19:00 in /etc/sourcemage-release.

--
Ladislav Hagara