sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] perforce down again?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Flavien Bridault (Disk Guru)" <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] perforce down again?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:24:44 +0100

Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 10:01 +0100, Treeve Jelbert a écrit :
> $ p4 sync ...
> Perforce client error:
> TCP receive failed.
> read: socket: Connection reset by peer
>

> Also, why, whenever I issue a p4 command, does it always seem to take at
> least 30 seconds to contact the server through the ssl tunnel? Is is
> something with my setup?

That my be something related to your network. At home, p4 commands react
quickly, but at my lab, I also have to wait something like 30 seconds to
get the answer... I didn't investigated to find the real reason, but
this must be related to the networks since I use the same laptop on both
areas.
--
Flavien Bridault
Source Mage GNU/Linux - Disk Section Guru

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be