sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] project organization

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] project organization
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:40:31 +0100

Eric Sandall wrote :
> We can do the same with other teams, e.g.
> * PR Team Lead becomes an assistant to the PL
> * Web Team and Server Team (server people, we don't have an 'official
> team' for this atm) would be assistant(s) to Tome Team (perhaps
> renamed to reflect their managing all of our services)
> * Grimoire Team moves under Sorcery (since Sorcery is what the
> grimoires must adhere to)
As grimoires and sorcery are ussualy split and separate as much as possible
I'd keep those appart
> * Grimoire Team moves under Cauldron Team (since the grimoires need to
> be in a certain state for the ISOs)
Only the stable grimoire needs to be under a certain state afaik.

The problem I see is that the various teams are very interdependant
on each other yet have very limited connections.
i.e. cauldron needs a sane stable grimoire to put on the iso.
Basicaly merge stuff that would make sense i.e. QA and security
But merging sorcery and grimoire doesn't make much sense...

Just my voice :)

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461