sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] {cauldron} developers wanted!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] {cauldron} developers wanted!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:38:52 +0100

Hi all!
The ISOs are coming along, though not quite as quickly as we'd like.
You can help. :-)

If you've been thinking about helping out with source mage, but
maintaining spells isn't quite your thing (maybe you'd rather write
"real" code), maybe doing ISO development is something for you.
Also, unlike sorcery, you don't have to worry too much about breaking
things by accident, since the ISOs have quite a soak time before getting
released, and don't affect as many users ;-)

In short, if you'd like to write some code, but don't quite feel
comfortable messing with sorcery, come join the ISO team! ;-)

If you're interested, mail me directly or the Team Lead David Kowis
at iso AT sourcemage.org, or just stop by #sourcemage-cauldron on IRC.

If you'd like to see our current ToDo list for development towards
the 0.9.7 release, see [0]. To see the installer source code, either
check out //sgl/cauldron/devel/ on perforce, or browse it via http
on [1]. The main installer code is in iso/skeleton/usr/sbin/installer.sh
and iso/skeleton/usr/share/smgl.install/modules/*.

Oh, and on a side note: 0.9.6-test3 is out for both i486 and ppc.
This is pretty much the ISO that will be 0.9.6 stable. Please test :)

So Far,
Karsten

[0]
http://bugs.sourcemage.org/buglist.cgi?Product=Install&target_milestone=0.9.7&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
[1] http://perforce.smee.org:8080/@md=d@//sgl/cauldron/devel/

--
Karsten Behrmann | Source Mage GNU/Linux developer, ISO team
BearPerson AT gmx.net | http://www.sourcemage.org

  • [SM-Discuss] {cauldron} developers wanted!, Karsten Behrmann, 12/29/2005