sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] web sites are all back online

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] web sites are all back online
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:11:03 -0600

I wanted to let everyone know that we do have automated backups in place
this time around. All the web content and the important system content is
automatically backed up nightly, with the current plan being to hold data
going back 6 months. The backups are automatically pulled off-site nightly
as well. I take a copy, as do Eric as PL and David as the TL who is
physically closest to the server. I will probably also push a copy to
another dedicated site so that other TLs that want copies can get them; I
don't want to use all of the primary site's transfer on people pulling
backups.

The backups are digitally signed and heavily encrypted to prevent data
leakage. It takes multiple TLs to decrypt them, but they can do so if
necessary.

This is probably the last update I'll send about getting everything back
up. My todo list is still pretty long, but most of it is less important
than just knowing it's up and working.