sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Threat profile analysis for spackages not signed by authors

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Threat profile analysis for spackages not signed by authors
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:28:25 -0700

On Thursday 08 September 2005 12:43 pm, Ladislav Hagara wrote:

> Yea, according to several of you it is better technological approach.
> But I know developers who don't agree with it.
> What it the result of that poll? Who agree? Who don't agree?
> It is the same as our leaders polls. I know only "and winner is ...".
> Personally I would like to know who voted who. What was the difference.
> I would like to have this process more transparent.

To what end? I can only see negative repercussions. People taking sides,
forming cliches, getting angry at others for not voting their way. The
winners win -- the losers fight, nit pick and spread hate & discontent. I
personally don't think it matters who voted how. I think we can guess, based
on the past threads, how quite a few people may have voted, but does it
really matter? And, if we chose to just report the results without including
the individuals' votes, then we could get into the battle of, "well it was
very close, so we should vote again to be sure", or "leave out all but the
top two and re-vote to be sure".

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.