sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:14:26 -0700

Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:58:49PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
Here's a list of things I'd like fixed:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Stable0.1Notes

If they are already fixed, let me know, if you can fix them let me and
the person next to it know. Feel free to add annoyances to the list
above if they are pretty important spells or user-unfriendly. Assign
them to yourself unless you have permission. Also add a real bug for
them in bugzilla.

"glibc should refuse building an i386 nptl by downgrading to a non-nptl
glibc automatically and skipping the prompt for bug 8399 (unassigned)"

Just fixed this in devel, test and stable-rc.

" g++ compile will fail instead of pre-triggering gcc if they aren't in
sync (same with other gcc compilers) (arwed)"

No idea how to fix this without support from sorcery, suggestions?

I think having g++ gracefully fail out if gcc isn't the correct version
should be enough. We don't want spells trying to cast other spells
(outside of TRIGGERS, which would be too late for g++, unless we want
g++ to fail, trigger a cast on gcc, which'll then know to trigger a
cast on g++ only in this instance).

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @