sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery model proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery model proposal
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:34:53 -0800

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:17:24AM +0500, astsmtl AT gmail.com wrote:
> I propose new sorcery model:
> No more grimoire tarballs, scribe downloads indexes. Cast first checks
> these
> indexes, then downloads spell(s) and installs software.
> Advantages:
> Indexes are smaller, than full grimoire tarballs, thus it is possible to
> maintain many versions of one spell + version dependencies. Also, this
> model
> is ideal for sim's "web-interface sorcery".

Uhm, why not rsync? It does the same thing and is less prone to errors. We
probably already offer the grimoires via rsync, we just dont advertise
it much...

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |