sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] bless and prometheus?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] bless and prometheus?
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:25:23 +0100

> we're facing a problem in bless development atm: we need to find out
> for every spell whether or not we need to add a desktop file

> In short,
> we have to grep every install log for .desktops and files in
> binary-folders. prometheus might be a big help in this task I think.
> another solution might be sharing install logs (section guru's may be
> a great help here). I don't consider casting all spells an option on
> my system, so is anyone running a prometheus system anywhere that
> could get these logs to us? does anybody know a more effecient way to
> gather these data?

well, I scripted you one ;)

gaze from .desktop | grep '\.desktop$' >with_desktop

will give you all spells with install logs that did install .desktop
files,
including the files,
and

( ls /var/log/sorcery/install/ ;
gaze from .desktop | grep '\.desktop$' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq;
) | sort | uniq -u >without_desktop

will give all that did not.
(it is not a typo that I use uniq -u sometimes and uniq the other times.
all quotes are the regular backtick, ascii No. 39)

Could everyone please run those commands and send the output files to
e-type and abouter?
Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT cwazy.co.uk>
Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>

So Far,
Karsten

p.s.:
e-type, abouter: collect the files with
cp collection tmpfile
cat tmpfile newfile | sort | uniq >collection

you can look for conflicts (spells appearing in both collections) by running
( cat with_desktop | cut -d: -f1 |sort | uniq;
cat without_desktop ) | sort | uniq -d