sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce server down...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce server down...
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:07:49 +0100

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 17:33, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>:
> > Folks,
> >
> > We've lost a filesystem on the Perforce server: /home to be precise.
> > reiserfsck actually crashes when you try to repair it so I presume it's
> > totally hosed.
> >
> > I'm rebuilding from last night's backup. It'll take a little while and
> > until it's done my smee.org email won't be working either. You can
> > contact me at tony AT perforce.com in the meantime.
> >
> > Tony
>
> Thanks for the info. :)
>
> Due to Tony's server being OOC our grimoire tarball creation is broken.
> I've currently disabled the automatic generation of the tarballs and have
> uploaded the latest Perforce copy of the grimoires that I have (since the
> script overwrote my fix from last night ;)). This will be reverted once the
> server is up and functioning.

Good catch. I think tarball generation should work again, so if you resubmit
those changes (which you handily have in the tarball if not in your
workspace), then we should be looking a lot better.

Note that I'm seeing some pretty weird I/O problems on the box now and then.
think it might be that the northbridge is a bit warm so I've ordered a better
heatsink for it. Until I get to the bottom of this, things might be a bit
touch-and-go. I'll keep you posted.

Tony