sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] coreutils

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] coreutils
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:07:32 +0200

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:59:21 -0700
Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:10:04AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>:
> > > Hello guys,
> > >
> > > I was wondering, has anybody else got trouble updating coreutils?
> > > When updating my laptop, coreutils got stuck complaining about being
> > > unable to
> > > locate /bin/mkdir.
> > >
> > > It seems as if it's dispelled first before installing. After that it
> > > obviously
> > > can't find mkdir, install and the others...
> > > I manually copied the executables to /bin and my system works fine now,
> > > however, coreutils is not tracked by smgl now...
> > >
> > > I'm running test sorcery with test grimoire.
> >
> > I've never had that problem. Could you try recasting (with `cast -c
> > coreutils`) now that you have the files back and see if it installs fine
> > (may want to backup the files again, just in case ;))?
>
> He'll want to do this twice. The first time, since it is untracked, it
> won't dispel the files and cause the mkdir, but if he's still having the
> problem, it should show up on the second recast, which by the time it
> begins the dispel process should have the files tracked from the first
> recompile.

i've done it 3 times, with cast, cast -c and cast -c -r, it happens all the
time...

any clues on what can be causing this? there's no errors in the logs or
anything. just the files being removed before install.

and Seth: i do keep a backup around just in case ;)

--
+=======
Proud Source Mage GNU/Linux user,

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
+===