sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Plans

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Plans
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:43:22 -0700

> > So right now I'm planning on getting a 1.10.1 stable release out. The
> > main things that are fixed are some stability related things and
> > bugs/complaints that have cropped up, as well as removing the temporary
> > hack which all you all loved /so/ much, hopefully everyone's gotten a
> > chance to cleanse their depends tree and cast isn't bailing out for no
> > apparent reason, in otherwords you're on your own in terms of keeping
> > your systems dependency tree clean (more on this later)...
>
> Does this mean that a real upgrade-path has been implemented?

Not yet :-/ but I've got a pretty good idea on how to do it, just haven't
done it yet.

> I'll test it on my laptop. It's really nice having an interim Sorcery to
> test,
> rather than having to jump either from stable to the raw devel. ;)

Good to hear. Im very keen on getting the bugs out now while he have test
rather than have them in stable, so thank you, and everyone else who is
using test.

> > All this stuff should be working and ready to go for the 1.11 release
> > a while from now.
>
> Do we have any rough timeline for that?

Not really, Im guessing alter will be done soon. I have no real idea when
paul will be finished with cast --fix. A lot of my stuff just needs a
couple weeks of good solid testing. So i figure a month or so, give or take.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |