sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] requests for spells on ISO
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:39:20 +1000

the following are two lists of spells I have been working with for the next
ISO.
"must have " are the minimum for a working compile environment
"optional" are spells useful for remote admin, fileserving, network fs
mounting, some daemons, mail client and some other useful utilities.

I looked at adding xfree86-4.3 but with it's depends it is 60 MB, even with
all the html docs, fonts and man pages stripped out it is still ~25 MB. So I
don't think it should be added.
links-twibright or lynx and irssi should probably also go into the optional
list too.

Please take a look, let me know how you feel about the lists, the ones marked
(arguable), and if any other useful utilities etc should be added.

must have spells:
++++++++++++
perl:5.8.3 <- (arguable)
gawk:3.1.3