sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New configure query API, status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New configure query API, status
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:39:40 +0200

On St, bře 31, 2004 at 01:15:53 +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:30:46AM +0200, Vladim?r Marek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm sorry I was not responding too much last days, I am a bit busy with
> > moving to new home.
> >
> > Today I submitted patch for persistent_[load|save] to be called around
> > invocation of:
> > - CONFLICTS
> > - CONFIGURE
> > - DEPENDS
> > - TRIGGERS
> > - PRE_BUILD
> > - BUILD
> > - INSTALL
> > - COMPILE
> > - POST_BUILD
> > - POST_INSTALL
> >
> > That means you don't need to call them on you own in theese scripts.
> > Also the name of persistent cache is "$SPELL_CONFIG.p" now.
>
> Why call it for all of these scripts? Shouldn't CONFIGURE and PREPARE
> (you miss that one btw) be enough? After all those are the only scripts
> that should run querys.

Those scripts don't have to call query, but might need variable set by
query earlier in another file. It could be simply done that only some of
the scripts may modify the variables (by not storing any changes), but I
don't see a point of this.

As a punishment for missing PREPARE, I'll add it to
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SpellFiles , where it's missing
too :)

--
Neuron