sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] new spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] new spells
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:06:03 -0800

Since we are on the topic of new spells, Ive had my interest in pvr's,
specifically freevo and mythtv. I've gotten a freevo spell written, along
with its dependencies that aren't in the grimoire. One of which is xmltv,
which gets tv listings from some great internet oracle. While in the
process of making the xmltv spell I noticed that some of the perl-cpan
spells needed updating, and I had to write a few more to make xmltv happy.

If no one objects Im going to add my changes to the perl-cpan section
(I think its unmaintained atm any).

Some of the other depends of freevo are some python libraries, twisted,
pylirc, and mmpython.

Where should those go?
Twisted is some sort of web interface
pylirc is a python binding to lirc
and mmpython has something to do with multimedia stuff (dont ask me what
it does, i just wrote the spell ;) )

And finally, what section should freevo (and mythtv if i write it)
end up in? video seems most appropriate.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |