sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Java spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Robert Helgesson" <rycee AT home.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Java spells
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:25:35 +0100

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 14:00:28 +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> I have a program that I'm going to be create a spell or two for (version
> release and a -devel :) This is written in Java, and uses ant to build.
>
> Because it is a java program and not aimed specifically for Linux, it
> simply creates a .jar file and has a script that runs it. Where would be
> the apropriate place to put this .jar file. I assume the script could go
> in /usr/bin, but that doesn't seem right for a .jar.

A possibility, if you are compiling to bytecode, is /usr/share/<package>
since presumably the jar file is architecture independant in that case.
But /usr/lib/<package>/ is possibly a bit more intuitive and would be
the same even if you compiled to a native binary.

--
/ Robert Helgesson |-- rycee AT home.se --\
\-- GPG Key ID: 41E95A5B --| http://www.rycee.cx/ /