sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:49:24 -0600

> I have an ups that I'm contolling via network ups tools
> (http://www.exploits.org/nut/) that I can turn off when it's battery goes
> critical so that when the power comes back up everything turns back on. The
> problem is, of course, when you shutdown the ups, everything goes with it. I
> was wondering how I could set it up so that the shutdown is run just before
> the
> system turns off (mainly, all filesystems are unmounted or mounted read
> only).
I would love to see this in Source Mage. I know another person that uses
sourcemage with an UPS on the box, and eventually I'll have one too :) (He
doesn't get in on the mailing lists because he's a fool or something.) I know
would like to have this built in so that we can cast -c upsmanager or
something
and have it handle the init of the ups and everything, or not. I would have no
Idea on where to put this in the simpleinit system either. It used to be
simple
K02ups and the ups script would be stopped right before the end.
The big problem is that usually people don't do anything after remounting the
drives read-only.

David Kowis
Computer Programmer