sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sourcemage statistics

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sourcemage statistics
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:20:43 +1200

Hi all,

This is optional to participate. I would like to get an idea of what spells are used and see what happens in the activity log. From the result I plan to generate a webpage summarizing the results.

I have attached a script called seer.pl, if you run this it will generate a file called yourhostname.profile.bz2. If you could email this to me I will include it in the statistics. Please don't reply to the sm-discuss mailing list, we don't need to swamp it with unnecessary data.

The seer.pl script merges your /etc/sorcery/local/config, /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire, installed spells, and activity log into bz2 file. Hopefully is goes well, it's a very simple script.

If this works well I would like to incude a feature when chosen it would automatically send the profile of your system or you could manually send it. This would then be used to update the website of statistic and hightlight potential problems. But another option is if the user chooses to they can include their email address and they would recieve an email notifying them a spell or spells they have installed have been update or a spell that they tried to install but failed has been updated or fixed. Possiblly notifications of serious problems with spells you have installed.

I'll post a url to the website when I have generated the website.

Cheers, Duane.