sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing fonts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing fonts
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:12:53 -0400

I started having big troubles with Cyrillic fonts and fonts in general at approximately the same time and to me it looks like something's gone wrong in freetype2 between .4 and .5 or something like that. I've eben made a patched xfree86 spell (I removed freetype2 completely) to contain all the latest published patches (see our bugzilla), but it didn't help. Finally, I resorted to installing any fonts I found in the grimoire (the new Bitstream Vera is nice) so that I could at least see/type Cyrillic letters. The Fonts panel in Gnome's dekstop preferences still doesn't have anything in the "sample box" though, as it used to. It was a glimpse of a good thing, now we're back into the fonts darkness ;-).

Sergey.