sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups GDI problem.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tom Garland <tgarland AT email.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups GDI problem.
  • Date: 03 Mar 2003 09:18:36 -0800

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 06:24, Jason Flatt wrote:

<snip>

> I submitted a change in the way espgs is built back on about the 17th of
> February to build shared objects rather than static. The reason for this
> is
> because gsview will only work with a shared object compiled ghostscript.
>
> I personally am having no problems using foomatic w/espgs in this manner,
> but
> my testbed is rather small, and there may have been conditions in which it
> doesn't work that I don't have.
>
> I suspect this theory less, but as the version of foomatic that our spell
> is
> based on is the nightly updates, it could be possible that a recently
> submitted program change and then a local recompile might have introduced a
> problem. Therefore, if you have recompiled foomatic in the last week or
> so,
> you might try recompiling foomatic again to see if the problem goes away.

After reviewing this thread, having cups not printing for a while and
trying to regress versions of cups, gimp-print and espgs with no success
I found a solution!

The last change to espgs is the cause. By casting codex/stable/espgs,
codex/test/espgs has already been updated, cups resumed working.

Espgs-7.05.5 in the stable grimoire has a good build function.
Espgs-7.05.6 in both the test and devel have an updated and cause cups
to fail. By changing the version in stable to espgs-7.05.6 it cast fine
and cups worked, of course I ignored the md5 error when casting.

I don't have foomatic installed.

Thanks to everyone who submitted mail about this problem, they gave me
enough clues to get this fixed for me, I hope it works for others. :)

--
Have Fun! - toga
Grimoire Guru for WindowManagers