sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: pmahon AT sourcemage.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:39:32 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:47:31PM -0500, Dufflebunk wrote:
> Don't forget, it's always been planned (although this is not any time
> soon) to make a SM rescue CD. There are a number of other utils and
> scripts that would be useful on this CD too. But, of course, the install
> ISO is the first priority. Until the install's super good (although I
> heard it is very good already), and we get a couple more people who can
> build ISOs (check the latest admin meeting log for the name of people to
> harass) this will likely remain in the future.

This would be a possible todo for Seth Woolley and/or Jose Silva (see
org chart for contact addresses) when they learn the iso making process.

I see no reason not to immediatly put together a rescue iso for those
that want one... Adam has always expressed only an interest in providing
the install ISO, so he is right to keep it clean.

Keep this idea warm for now, and pester Seth / Jose as soon as they are
up to speed....

Adam, would you mind giving Seth and Jose a bit of info as to how you
make our iso? Would speed up the process if you dumped it on wiki or
mail it to me and I will wiki-afy it in a nice format?

Thanks all.