sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:48:09 -0600

I always thought you put a lilo in the MBR which just pointed to the SMGL
partition without prompting.

Come to think of it, wouldn't putting a non-prompting lilo in the MBR which
boots the windows partition be functionally equivelent to using the
standard windows MBR?

If you were switching from another distro, how would removing lilo from
the MBR help? You would always need a boot disk, wouldn't you?

Spencer