sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Did anyone call for some cheese?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Did anyone call for some cheese?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:50:53 -0800 (PST)

wine is Wine. ;)

$ gaze what Wine

Wine Is Not an Emulator. It is an alternative implementation of the
Windows 3.x and Win32 APIs. Wine provides both a development toolkit
(Winelib) for porting legacy Windows sources to Unix and a program
loader, allowing unmodified Windows 3.1/95/NT binaries to run under
Intel Unixes. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a
completely alternative implementation consisting of 100%
Microsoft-Free code, but it can optionally use native system DLLs if
they are available.

However, your GIMP manual is correct. ;)

$ gaze what winedoc

The Official GIMP manual

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle