sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] System crontab

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] System crontab
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:15:24 -0500

I am working on a spell for a program which will need a script run daily. On
Mandrake I'd put it in /etc/cron.daily/. In Source Mage, I attempted to cast
hc-cron and fcron. fcron failed, and hc-cron succeeded even though mutt
failed. hc-cron as cast is a bare bones program. How do I run a script daily,
when I can't be sure what kind of cron daemon a system has?

phma