sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] i18n of spell descriptions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] i18n of spell descriptions
  • Date: 25 Dec 2002 21:50:55 -0500

On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 16:08, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 December 2002 14:09, Dufflebunk wrote:
> > There is no support in bash for languages. I believe there is something
> > with a .po that lets you make things that can be translated, but we're
> > having enough trouble with just english ;) You could always add a
> > translated description after the english one...
>
> Currently SHORT="chrony syncs your time with an ntp server". Could we have
> SHORT[en]="chrony syncs your time with an ntp server",
> SHORT[art-lojban]="la
> kronis. stogau le do junla ma'i lo tcika selfu", etc.?
Bash doesn't have associative arrays :( but we do have an alternative,
hash_put "table" "field" "data". I'm not sure that the grimoire gurus
would be too happy about having to translate all their stuff ;)
We will keep internationalization in mind though. It is a good thing to
have, if you have the resources.

> BTW, how do you get pgp/mime working in Kmail? I saw something about
> plugins
> on the security setup page, but no clue where to get them.
I don't know about Kmail, I use evolution. BTW gpa is a good program for
managing keys.