sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 02:07:45 +0200

I just checked it out on my system, the problem is that e2fsprogs _used_
to install mount.sh. So, i had casted init.d at a time when it didn't
install a mount.sh, and my e2fsprogs currently installed have mount.sh
in their install log. So if i updated my e2fsprogs now without thinking
about init.d, mount.sh would be reaped and i would end up with a box
unable to boot ...

I'm not sure how to solve it, we could add a trigger to init.d to recast
it when e2fsprogs gets installed, but that would be a bit overkill,
since it will only be needed once ...

So, anyone doin an update, if e2fsprogs get updated, make sure you still
have a mount.sh before rebooting (and if you don't, cast init.d)

--
Arwed
aka alley_cat