sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] e2fsprogs messed up my init :(
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:52:05 -0400

Jeremy Kolb wrote:
im using reiserfs. last night sorcery wanted to cast e2fsprogs which it did and this morning i could not boot up... i got that silly /proc not mounted error. so i used the cd, chrooted, and then cast init.d and that fixed the problem, but i think this is a messy bug

Yeah, it would be.

Where you able to see what exactly it did? Which version of e2fsprogs? devel, test, stable? How many drives? drive configuration? which kernel? Was the mount.sh missing? Which init.d? (I've updated init.d but haven't gotten it uploaded yet.)

neal
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"