sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Reducing the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • To: "'sm-discuss '" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Reducing the ISO
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:58:58 -0700

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 02:53 pm, Jonathan Evraire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Ari Steinberg wrote:
> > Also, lynx seems a bit unnecessary.
>
> Actually, lynx came in handy for me the first time around I installed
> SMGL and I needed to look something up on a webpage. Anyone else?
>
> Jonathan Evraire
> evraire at tuwg.com

Well, theres the rub. Items considered "handy" should not be included. If
you needed it the first time around, a "cast lynx" would have taken care of
it.

I know that lynx is used as a downloader, but I believe that it is for text
type files only.

Remember, the point of the discussion is to see how far down the installer
can
be reduced while still allowing the machine to boot and begin installing from
the net.

Eric